Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
You are working at the veteran’s agency and your caseload includes men with PTSD. They are uniquely experienced in mortal combat. They recently returned from battle zones in Afghanistan and Iraq. Many of their friends have died in battle. Some wonder why they are still here and their friends are gone. Your boss has asked you to research verbal and nonverbal ways to help you communicate with these men and build a therapeutic alliance. He wants you to demonstrate communication styles through a role play presentation for all the therapists at the weekly staff meeting:
Each group member should assume the role of a counselor and address the following in two pages:
- What are two type of positive communication styles that the men will benefit from such as non-judging, attentive listening, validating feelings, compassion/empathy and open body language
- What is one type of communication style the men might not be receptive to such placating, authoritarian language, closed body language, and judging
- Include a summary statement of at least 2 reasons why each communication style is either acceptable or non-acceptable for this population.
Please add your file.
Group Port You are to write a hypothetical dialogue between the counselor and one of the clients with PTSD demonstrating the communication skills addressed in the individual portions. Your group presentation should include the individual projects from the group members and the role playing dialogue of 4-5 pages. It should incorporate a minimum of two positive communication styles, and should also incorporate one type of communication to which the client is not receptive. It should be demonstrated how the counselor recognizes the client is not receptive, and address how the counselor would adapt the strategy in response.
The communication between the client and counselor should be realistic and express non-verbal cues as well. The non-verbal descriptions can be expressed in italics with each person’s dialogue. Address this hypothetical dialogue between the counselor and one of the client”What are two type of positive communication styles that the mem benefit from such as non-judging, attentive listening, validating feelings, compassion/empathy and open body language References and citations should be in APA format.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support