Week 4 Team Assignment Conflict Resolution
As you continue to develop in your career, you will find that your responsibilities as a leader will increase. You will be tasked with many different jobs, such as managing conflict, handling communication challenges among your team members, or addressing organizational communication needs. As you know, no employee likes to speak up only to have his or her ideas not taken seriously, or to confront others about their working styles, or to face uncomfortable gossip among coworkers.
WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your essay and we will find the best writer for your paperWrite My Essay For Me
View the LDR/531 Storybooks.
Develop a summary of no more than 1,050 words that includes multiple ways to handle the three situations shown in the Storybooks.
Discuss communication styles and barriers and the conflict and negotiation process involved in handling the three situations. For each storybook, describe the strategy or strategies you would apply in these situations.
Consider the following as you complete the assignment:
- How would you react when a team member is being vague and trying to spin bad news to sound more positive, thereby making it harder for the team to actually approach and resolve the issue?
- How could you encourage someone to continue to voice his or her opinion or to share an idea when you know she is hesitant to do so?
- As a manager, how would you relay an important negative message with as little impact on your team as possible? Why would you choose this method?
- What is the best way to handle gossip before it spreads?
- How might you handle your team’s feelings after a negative situation has occurred that does not directly affect your team but affects others around them?
- What strategies would you use to help your team alleviate stress caused by deadlines before any conflict arises?
General question for all three storybooks:
- Think about a personal situation from your work experience that is similar to each storybook scenario. How would you approach the situation differently based on the principles you learned in the storybooks? How might the results change?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
In today’s business environment, organizations often choose to assign projects and tasks to various teams in different departments. Due to the diverse culture and personalities of employees, sometimes teams encounter conflict. As we grow professionally and continue to develop our career path, conflict resolution is one of the leader’s responsibility to handle and address. The following storybooks summarize different aspects of conflict, communication styles, and barriers along with strategies that we suggest can be taken to resolve or prevent such conflicts. Storybook 1 Open and honest communication is very important between a manager and his or her employees. Filtering, a communication barrier, can be harmful to a group because the members get limited information on what the issues are, leaving them unaware of how to fix the situation. Reaching out to the employee privately in a relaxed meeting environment will enable the employee to be more open and honest to their manager. A manager needs to understand why the employee was trying to conceal some information and explain what consequences this may have for the team. Intentional silence is common in a workplace, especially amongst individuals that suffer from communication apprehension. “About one in five Americans experience an abnormally high level of communication anxiety, resulting in numerous problematic behaviors, including poor communication skills, withdrawing from communication, and even avoiding communication” (Hanley White, 2015, p. 24). This can be paralyzing to people who want to voice their opinions, but choose not to because of fear and anxiety. Managers should stress to their team members that everyone’s opinions are equally valuable. As in this scenario, it is best to email that individual to enable them to share their thoughts and suggestions on the project.
CONFLICT 3 This will loosen them up and encourage them to share their input. Another way for management to handle communication apprehension is to develop team building exercises. This will bring people out of their shell, which will allow them to feel safe when voicing their thoughts and opinion
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support