Week 4 Interventions Case Study
Select one of the following Case Presentations from Crisis Intervention Case Book:
“A Verbal and Emotionally Abusive Relationship” in Ch. 5
“A Crisis Involving Substance Abuse Withdrawal” in Ch. 7
“A Crisis Involving Schizophrenia” in Ch. 8
“A Crisis Involving Chronic Back Pain” in Ch. 9
“John, the Grief of Divorce” in Ch. 10
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper addressing the following:
Describe the case you chose.
Examine the crisis components related to the case.
Examine what intervention strategies should be provided.
Recommend a strategy that could be implemented to promote change.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CHAPTER 35, Crisis Intervention
In completing the case study, students will be addressing the following learning objectives:
Differentiate maturational, situational, and adventitious crisis.
Apply the nursing process to a client, family, or community in crisis.
1. Frances Gordon is a 42-year-old divorced school teacher. Her 20-year-old daughter, Sarah, has developed schizophrenia and has withdrawn from college. Her youngest daughter, Glenda, is a 19-year-old unmarried mother who is living at home. Glenda has just given birth to a baby boy who has a heart defect. The baby’s father refuses to pay for any of the healthcare costs. Frances’ dire economic situation is very stressful to her. Her ex-husband refuses to help financially, and the bank has refused a second loan to Frances.
(Learning Objectives: 1) a. Can you differentiate between maturational, situational, and adventitious crises? What type of crisis is Frances experiencing?
Discuss how to apply the nursing process in the care of Frances
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support