Verbal Communication: Functional Language
Communication Assignment #3
Purpose of Assignment:
This writing assignment is designed to help you apply the functions of language to your personal life. You will need to refer to Chapter 4: Verbal Communication pgs. 90 – 113 in order to complete this assignment.
First, for each scenario, write a paragraph describing a typical communication exchange. For each of the following scenarios, think about the various elements of verbal communication: sounds, grammar, meaning (word choice), conversational rules, and contextual rules.
- An outing with friends and/or family
- A meeting with your professor
- A professional job interview
Finally, respond to the following question: Do you have different goals that require different functions of language in the various areas of your life?
The assignment must be TYPED, two pages in length and double spaced. You will need a formal introduction and conclusion before and after your response. In addition, provide your answers and opinions in a comprehensive and cohesive manner.
You can earn up to 25 points for completing this writing task completely and appropriately.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support