Writing Assignment Read the Case: Union Baristas at Starbucks?
- Summarize the case and your research that relates to the case in 1-2 paragraphs.
- Explain the challenges IWW might expect to face in organizing workers at Starbucks.
- Describe how well you think Starbucks is defending itself against the claims of the IWW. What other responses should the company consider using?
- Assume the IWW was successful in organizing unions at Starbucks, explain what changes you would expect in the way the company manages those workers.
Write a 3-page paper in Word format. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work and utilize outside resources in your response.
What competencies were you able to develop in researching and writing the Comprehensive Project due in Unit 5? How did you leverage feedback from your peers in the Discussion Board for Units 1- 4 in completing the Project? How will these competencies and knowledge support your career advancement in management?
due today at midnight
Discussion Board Rubric:
|Post explains issues, elaborates on all parts of the topic, and contributes to group understanding of topic||40%
|Multiple substantive responses reflecting participation are evenly spread throughout the discussion period (2 or more per week) sharing opinions, observations, and experiences, asking questions, and making suggestions||40%
|Comments are appropriately addressed, well-written, timely, relevant, and coherent, displaying accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation||20%|
Technical communication short papers
As the new communications manager for International Gadgets, you have assembled a team of technical communicators with experience in communicating with various audiences in a business setting. Research & Development (R&D) has created a new product that it believes will revolutionize the industry. But the department needs the buy-in of several levels of the corporation to launch the new product. First, upper management needs to understand the product and how it will help the company expand, before it will approve the funding needed to mass-produce the product. Sales and Marketing need to understand the product so it can be properly marketed. Technical Support needs to thoroughly know the product in order to support it to the customer base. And all employees need to know as much about the product as possible so that they can build excitement about the proposed launch. The head of R&D has come to you for your help in building excitement and buy-in throughout the company for the new product. Create a memo to your team that discusses the following:
- The possible channels of communication that can be used to communicate information about the product to various levels of the company, and how they could be used
- Your suggestions for which channels will be appropriate for which audiences, and why
- Plans for how your team will communicate and collaborate on this project for the purpose of choosing the best channels of communications for various audiences in the company
Back up your plans with solid reasoning and research
For Format details please find the attachment below.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support