This assignment requires you to interview one person and requires an analysis of your interview experience.
Part I: Interview
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your paper and we will find the best writer for your essay.Write My Essay For Me
Select a patient, a family member, or a friend to interview. Be sure to focus on the interviewee’s experience as a patient, regardless of whom you choose to interview.
Review The Joint Commission resource found in topic materials, which provides some guidelines for creating spiritual assessment tools for evaluating the spiritual needs of patients. Using this resource and any other guidelines/examples that you can find, create your own tool for assessing the spiritual needs of patients.
Your spiritual needs assessment survey must include a minimum of five questions that can be answered during the interview. During the interview, document the interviewee’s responses.
The transcript should include the questions asked and the answers provided. Be sure to record the responses during the interview by taking detailed notes. Omit specific names and other personal information through which the interviewee can be determined.
Part II: Analysis
Write a 500-750 word analysis of your interview experience. Be sure to exclude specific names and other personal information from the interview. Instead, provide demographics such as sex, age, ethnicity, and religion. Include the following in your response:
- What went well?
- Were there any barriers or challenges that inhibited your ability to complete the assessment tool? How would you address these in the future or change your assessment to better address these challenges?
- How can this tool assist you in providing appropriate interventions to meet the needs of your patient?
- Did you discover that illness and stress amplified the spiritual concern and needs of your interviewee? Explain your answer with examples.
Submit both the transcript of the interview and the analysis of your results. This should be submitted as one document. The interview transcript does not figure into the word count.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following competencies:
CONHCP Program Competencies for the RN-BSN:
5.2: Assess for the spiritual needs and provide appropriate interventions for individuals, families, and groups.
This assignment requires you do conduct a spiritual assessment interview. I have pasted the JCOH spiritual assessment information for you below. The Joint Commission does not require a specific assessment tool, but provides sample questions.
American Family Physician website recommends the HOPE spiritual assessment tool: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0101/p81.html (scroll down the page to find it).
Chaplains sometimes use the FACT spiritual assessment tool. I have attached an article describing three assessment tools, including FACT, for you to consider.
You are welcome to use any of these tools, or to use questions from the Joint Commission (see below). Please specify in your paper, which of the tools you used.
Also, please include the transcript of the interview in the paper, although it will NOT count toward the word count requirements.
Spiritual care is an important aspect of holistic nursing care. To provide appropriate interventions that meet the spiritual needs of a patient, a spiritual assessment should be conducted. In this paper, I will describe my interview with a patient, as well as analyze my experience of the interview. The patient is a 65-year-old female, Christian, and retired nurse, who is currently hospitalized due to pneumonia.
Interview Questions and Responses
The following are the questions I used to conduct the spiritual assessment interview and the responses of the patient:
- What does spirituality mean to you?
- Patient Response: Spirituality means having a relationship with God and living a life that is pleasing to Him.
- How does your spirituality influence your health?
- Patient Response: My spirituality is a source of strength and comfort for me. When I am going through difficult times, it gives me hope and helps me to cope.
- Are there any religious or spiritual practices that are important to you?
- Patient Response: Yes, prayer and attending church are…order a customized answer here
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support