You have been talking with your team and interacting with patients. You see some patterns that you would like to change to improve quality. Your team is motivated to help.
This week you will identify the focus of your project and anticipate the ethical, legal, and regulatory concerns that may arise in your career as a nursing leader.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your paper and we will find the best writer for your essay.Write My Essay For Me
For this summative assessment, create a presentation that communicates the focus and scope of your project. You may select from multiple venues to explain the details of your plan. You will demonstrate problem-solving skills as you organize the details of your plan.
Resource: Question Development Tool – Appendix B.
Begin your plan with the following:
- Define the problem.
- Identify the problem to be addressed and the setting in which it occurs.
- Outline your proposal to address the problem.
- Identify and discuss ethical, legal, and regulatory concerns relating to the problem.
- Explain why you chose the problem.
Support your plan by gathering as much information about your selected problem as possible. Consider both qualitative and quantitative data, for example:
- Leader and peer interviews
- Patient/customer surveys
- Quality improvement (QI) reports from the facility
- Benchmarking studies/baseline data.
- If baseline data is available:
- What are the goals?
- Are current practices meeting the organizational goals?
- Are the prescribed practices followed?
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation
- The slides should only contain essential information and as little text as possible.
Title: Improving Hand Hygiene Compliance to Reduce Healthcare-Associated Infections in a Hospital Setting
Slide 1: Introduction
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are a significant problem in hospital settings
- Hand hygiene is a critical component in reducing HAIs
- The purpose of this project is to improve hand hygiene compliance rates among healthcare workers to reduce the incidence of HAIs in our hospital
Slide 2: Problem Definition
- The problem is low hand hygiene compliance rates among healthcare workers in our hospital
- The setting is a large urban hospital with multiple units and healthcare staff
Slide 3: Proposal Outline
- The proposal is to implement a multifaceted hand hygiene program that includes education, training, monitoring, feedback, and rewards
- The program will be based on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Five Moments for Hand Hygiene and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines for hand hygiene in healthcare settings
Slide 4: Ethical Concerns
- The ethical concern is ensuring that patients receive safe and high-quality care
- We will ensure that the program respects patient autonomy, protects patient privacy and confidentiality, and promotes patient safety and well-being
Slide 5: Legal Concerns
- The legal concern is compliance with state and federal regulations, including OSHA and CDC guidelines
- We will ensure that the program adheres to all relevant laws and regulations
Slide 6: Regulatory Concerns
- The regulatory concern is compliance with accreditation standards, such as The Joint Commission (TJC) standards
- We will ensure that the program meets TJC standards for infection prevention and control
Slide 7: Why This Problem Was Chosen
- HAIs are a significant problem that can cause morbidity, mortality, and increased healthcare costs
- Hand hygiene…ORDER CUSTOMIZED ANSWER HERE
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support