Select a zip code near you to use as the target community in this week’s discussion and summative assessment. Select the zip code that includes city government offices (e.g., city hall, city library), retail stores, schools, and housing.
Review at least 1 community health needs assessment (CHNA) report prepared by the closest nonprofit hospital serving the selected community.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your paper and we will find the best writer for your essay.Write My Essay For Me
- Search online for [name of hospital] CHNA or for your [zip code] and CHNA report.
- Select 1 issue of importance for the community as identified in the CHNA. Use this issue to describe levels of prevention in the assignment and to identify possible roles for local community and public health nurses.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Identify your selected community’s zip code and the health issue of concern for that population.
- Provide examples of each level of prevention as applied to the selected health issue in your identified community. For example, if you had identified Alzheimer’s disease (AD) as a health issue, the levels of prevention and associated examples might be:
- Primordial: Encourage cognitive abilities in infancy and childhood, such as pretend play activities, and smoking prevention strategies in adulthood.
- Primary: For people without any signs or symptoms of AD, individuals are encouraged to stop smoking, exercise, and participate in cognitive exercises, such as board and video games.
- Secondary: Identify preclinical AD and/or early screening and identification of AD with screening instruments; continue primary prevention strategies.
- Tertiary: Continue primary and secondary prevention activities and physical therapy; involve case managers.
For the purposes of this response, let’s assume the selected zip code is 12345, and the health issue of concern for that population, as identified in the CHNA report, is diabetes.
Levels of prevention for diabetes in the identified community zip code of 12345 may include:
- Primordial Prevention: Promote healthy lifestyles and behaviors to prevent the development of risk factors for diabetes. Examples may include implementing community-wide nutrition and physical activity programs, advocating for policies that promote healthy eating and active living, and providing education on the importance of a balanced diet and regular exercise.
- Primary Prevention: Target individuals who are at risk for developing diabetes but do not yet have the disease. Examples may include implementing diabetes prevention programs that focus on lifestyle modifications, such as weight loss, healthy eating, and physical activity. Providing screening…ORDER CUSTOMIZED ANSWER HERE
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support