Create a 10-12-slide PowerPoint presentation to identify medications associated with a chosen disease or health condition, explain the actions and side effects of the medications, and discuss any controversies related to the medications. Explain a treatment regime, including pharmacology, for the disease or health condition you selected, along with how the treatment regime may affect a client’s lifestyle.
By having a thorough understanding of pharmacology, nurses can eliminate possible medication errors in their nursing practices. The basic principles of pharmacology include pharmacokinetics (what the body does to a drug) and pharmacodynamics (what a drug does to the body). Pharmacology plays a significant role in the nursing profession, so it is extremely important for nurses to understand the actions of the pharmacological agents they will administer to patients in order to intervene appropriately if necessary.
Imagine your supervisor has asked you to conduct a lunch and learn session to educate your fellow nursing staff on pharmacological interventions.
Select a disease or health condition that requires pharmacological intervention. You may choose any disease or health condition you wish, but the disease or health condition must be relevant to nurses from a variety of settings (for example: ER, pediatrics, public health, et cetera).
Once you have selected a disease or health condition, create a PowerPoint presentation you could use in your lunch and learn session, including the following:
– Identify the disease or health condition you have chosen, along with the areas where nurses are likely to see it,. (Do this in the agenda slide or next slide after the agenda.),
– Identify the three drugs used most often in the treatment of the disease or health condition.,
-Explain the types of actions, side effects, indications, and contraindications that could be expected from the pharmacological treatment.,
– Describe the treatment regime most often prescribed for the disease or health condition. This should include pharmacology but not be limited to pharmacology.,
– Explain how the treatment regime (including pharmacology) may impact a client\’s lifestyle. Consider things such as finances, ease or complexity of administration, instructions (frequency, duration), et cetera.,
– Describe how a nurse should monitor a client being treated for the disease or health condition in order to obtain a quality patient outcome.,
– Explain any controversies associated with the drugs used in the treatment. For example, is there a black box warning with any of the drugs?,
Use the notes section of each slide to expand your points or draft your mock oral presentation (or both) and reference your resources. Use at least 4 peer-reviewed or professional resources to support your work in this assessment. Be sure your PowerPoint includes a title slide, a slide with your agenda or list of topics to be covered, and a reference slide. Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines for your citations and references.
-Number of slides: 10-12, not including the title and reference slides.
-Be creative. Consider your intended audience
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support