Locate a recent criminal Supreme Court case you find interesting. Provide a brief summary and properly cite the case.
Write a 700- to 1,400-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
· What interested you about this case?
· What are the sources, purposes, and jurisdictions of the criminal law related to this case?
· What is accomplice liability and criminal liability? How does it relate to the case?
· What is the difference between the various elements of crime, including actus reus, mens rea, and concurrence? How do they relate to the case?
Cite to at least two (2) academic resources.
Cite to your text and/or your electronic readings.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
Week 1 Individual Assignment Criminal Law Paper
A recent Supreme Court Case that was decided was ARIZONA et al. v. UNITED STATES. This case was argued on April, 25, 2012 and a decision was made on June 25, 2012. This case came about in 2010 when the state of Arizona enacted a statute known as S.B. 1070. This statute addresses the large number of illegal aliens that are in the state of Arizona. “ Fed up with illegal immigrants crossing from Mexico — and what they say is the federal government’s inability to stop it — legislators in Arizona passed the tough immigration law in 2010. The federal government sued, saying that Arizona overreached.” I have been interested in this case since hearing about it. The first thing that actually came to my mind was racial profiling. I understand that the United States has a huge problem on their hands attempting to control this problem. It was interesting to me to see a state attempt to make a state law that would supersede federal law. As a police officer myself, I can see this becoming a racial profiling issue. Without certain guidelines in place, this would lead to many unanswered questions. The state that I reside in is Georgia. Georgia also has a high population of im
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support