Health Promotion and Wellness
Health Education in the Community
Community and group communication
Read chapter 14, 15 and 18 of the class textbook and review the attached PowerPresentation. Once done answer the following questions;
1. In your owns words and using the appropriate evidence-based practice reference please define health promotion and wellness and give some examples. Mention at least two health issues and how they could be addressed through both professional health promotion and personal health promotion. What is the difference in the approach? How does each approach contribute to the desired effect?
2. Should health insurance companies cover services that are purely for health promotion purposes? Why or why not? What about employers? What are the pros and cons of this type of coverage?
3. What do you think about the role of integrating nursing with faith? Do you feel is appropriate? When is it appropriate? In what types of settings do you feel this would work best in? Do you feel all nurses should integrate faith in their nursing practice? Why or why not and how?
4. In your own words and using the appropriate evidence-based references please define groups and identified and describe at least two groups in your community. Why do nurses need to know about group dynamics and how to work in a group?
CASE 1: ETHICAL AND LEGAL PERSPECTIVES IN HEALTHCARE
D’Abramo, F., Schildmann, J., & Vollmann, J. (2015). Research participants’ perceptions and views on consent for biobank research: A review of empirical data and ethical analysis. BMC Medical Ethics, 16(60). doi:10.1186/s12910-015-005305.
Retrieved from http://bmcmedethics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12910-015-0053-5
Duffy, J. D. (2016). Ethical aspects of palliative medicine. Oxford American Handbook of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care, 287.
DeCamp, M., Farber, N. J., Torke, A. M., George, M., Berger, Z., Keirns, C.C., & Kaldjian, L.C. (2014). Ethical challenges for Accountable Care Organizations: A structured review. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 29(10)
Latham, S. R., Kipnis, K., Martin, M. W., & Gabard, D. L. (2014). Health care. In M. Davis & A. Stack (Eds.) Conflict of interest in the professions. (pp. 279-335). Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
Linder, D. (2018). Free exercise of religion;The issue: When may the government enforce a law that burdens an individual’s ability to exercise his or her religious beliefs? Retrieved from http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/freeexercise.htm
Marcus, B. S., Shank, G., Carlson, J. N., & Venkat, A. (2015). Qualitative analysis of healthcare professionals’ viewpoints on the role of ethics committees and hospitals in the resolution of clinical ethical dilemmas. HEC Forum, 27(1), 11-34. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10730-014-9258-0
Oyez. (n.d.). Cases – Free exercise of religion. Retrieved from https://www.oyez.org/issues/339
Perry, F. (2013). The tracks we leave: Ethical and management dilemmas in healthcare. Chapter 1: Understanding Your Ethical Responsibilities. Retrieved from https://www.ache.org/pdf/secure/gifts/Perrych1-final.pdf
Rossum, R. A. & Tarr, G. A. (2013). Chapter 6: Freedom of religion. American constitutional law, volume II: The Bill of Rights and subsequent amendments. New York: Westview Press.
Snyder, J. E., & Gauthier, C. C. (2008). Evidence-based medical ethics. Chapter 2: The Underlying Principles of Ethical Patient Care Retrieved from http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9781603272452-c1.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-577128-p173746241
Summers, J. (2013) Principles of healthcare ethics. In E. E. Morrison and B. Furlong (Eds.) Health care ethics: Critical issues for the 21st century. (47-63). Burlington, MA: Jones and Barlett Learning, LLC. Retrieved from: http://samples.jbpub.com/9781449665357/Chapter2.pdf
Thomson Reuters. (2018). United States Supreme Court; ROE v. WADE, (1973); No. 70-18 Argued: December 13, 1971; Decided: January 22, 1973. Retrieved from http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/410/113.html
University of Washington School of Medicine. (2013). Ethics in medicine: Clinical ethics and law. Accessed from https://depts.washington.edu/bioethx/topics/law.html
World Health Organization. (2016). Global health ethics. Accessed from http://www.who.int/ethics/en/
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2018, January 18). OCR new conscience and religious freedom division announcement [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHttk1t28t4
Vidat, A., Lecturer. (2015). Issues legal and economic regarding amendments of the individual employment contract because the individual performance targets are not achieved by the employee. Juridical Tribune Journal = Tribuna Juridica, 5(2), 201-207.
As a healthcare professional, it is your responsibility to be ethically sound. You have an essential responsibility to effectively apply ethical reasoning to crucial decisions. One method of elevating your ethical reasoning abilities is through the practice, reading, and understanding of case studies. While every case is not identical, the review of ethical case studies prepares you for similar incidents that may arise.
For the Module 1 Case Assignment, you are to review 2 cases from the AMA Journal of Ethics (http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/site/cases.html).
In a 3-page paper complete the following:
Identify each case that you have selected.
Explain in detail the ethical issue of each case.
Identify the ethical principle(s) that have been violated in the cases.
Explain from a healthcare professional perspective, what you would have done differently in the case.
You are to support your analysis and views with at least 3 scholarly references (e.g., peer-reviewed journals).
Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
Support your proposal with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support