HA545 Unit 1 Case Study Reflection
Write a 2- to 3-page paper. Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this weeks Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Pocket Guide to APA Style to ensure that in- text citations and reference list are correct. Submit your assignment to the Dropbox by the end of this Unit.
In 2007 San Francisco began its Healthy San Francisco Plan designed to provide health care for all San Francisco citizens. In 2007, it was estimated that San Francisco had 82,000 uninsured citizens. Under the plan, all uninsured citizens residing in San Francisco can seek care at the city’s public and private clinics and hospitals. The basic coverage includes lab work, x-rays, surgery, and preventative care. The city plans to pay for this $203 million coverage by rerouting the $104 million the city currently spends treating the uninsured in the emergency rooms, mandating business contributions, and requiring income-adjusted enrollment fees. The plan requires all businesses with more than 20 employees to contribute a percentage toward the plan. Many business owners consider this a burden and warn they will not stay in the city. The Mayor sees universal health access a moral obligation for the city.
Take one of the following positions.
· San Francisco has an obligation to provide its citizens with health access.
· San Francisco does not have an obligation to provide its citizens with health access.
Discuss the following in your assignment:
1. What is the government’s role in regulating healthy and unhealthy behavior?
2. Has the balance between personal freedom and the government’s responsibility to provide health and welfare of its citizens been eroded? Why or why not?
Submitting Your Assignments
Put your written assignments for weeks three and five in a Word document and your final project for week nine in a PowerPoint document. Save it in a location and with a name you will remember, using the following naming convention: username-assignment-unit#.doc.
NOTE: If you do not currently have Microsoft Office installed on your computer, please contact your instructor immediately. Files must be submitted in the appropriate format in order to earn a grade.
When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
1. Click the link that says Submit an Assignment.
2. In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit X: Assignment.
3. In the “Comments” field, include at least the name of the assignment.
4. Click the Add Attachments button.
5. Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
6. To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
7. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted project.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support