Global Energy Analysis
Worldwide energy consumption varies dramatically, but the impacts are shared by all. The most commonly used fuel sources for energy around the world are the fossil fuels: coal, oil, and natural gas. Combustion of fossil fuels releases pollutants into the atmosphere, where the emissions from all countries combine to cause local, regional, and global issues. One of the primary pollutants of concern is carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas. Carbon dioxide emissions are responsible for climate change, and governments around the world have taken steps to control carbon dioxide levels, but not all countries are successful in reducing carbon emissions.
While all countries produce pollution, and emit greenhouse gases, the emissions are greatly unequal across the globe. Consider what kinds of factors would determine how much energy is used by a country, a region, a household, or an individual. What factors would influence the fuel choices made by these people and institutions?
In this Assignment, you will be using knowledge you have gained from the Reading assignments in your textbook. You can also use the Library and other scientifically-based sources to support your assignment. Please keep in mind that Wikipedia is not considered a reliable resource.
Conduct research to determine the common fuel sources, sources of emissions, and applicable regulations of a country of your choice and create a PowerPoint presentation designed to educate your classmates.
- Define fossil fuels, non-renewable energy, and renewable energy. Provide examples of each.
- Identify a country that uses a fossil fuel as its primary source of energy.
- Discuss why the country continues to rely on fossil fuels.
- Provide examples of manufactured products or agriculture that are dependent upon fossil fuel use in that country. Consider the level of industrialization in the country and discuss.
- Discuss both the local and global impacts of the continued use of fossil fuels. Reflect on the environmental, human health, and economic concerns in both the long- and short-term. Be specific and detailed in your discussion.
- Identify at least one regulation or law that the country put in place to reduce or control emissions or air pollution. Discuss the regulation or law and what factors it is designed to address. How effective has this regulation or law been? Have emissions or pollution levels decreased?
- What solutions or new regulations would you implement in order to reduce fossil fuel usage in the country you chose? You can look to other countries around the world or the United Nations for examples of energy and emissions regulations.
- Global efforts are being made to reduce fossil fuel usage and pollution. Countries must work together to solve these problems. Analyze possible cultural differences and diversity concepts that would emerge if you recommended your changes stated above to another country? For example, what language barriers or religious and social differences would you encounter? Describe how countries can bridge cultural differences through strategic partnerships.
A PowerPoint template is available for your use in creating this presentation. The template should be used as a guide only. Add your own wording into this template https://kapextmediassl-a.akamaihd.net/genEd/SC250/1801A/SC250_Unit6_template.pptx by writing over the existing information on each slide. The PowerPoint presentation should contain approximately 10 slides in total.
Information provided on the slides should be brief and bulleted. In the notes section, you will include your all your talking points as you would present them to your audience. Remember, you want to tell the story during the presentation rather than having your audience reading your slides along with you during the entire presentation. The Writing Center has an excellent resource on Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations:
The presentation slides should:
- Include a title slide, introductory slide, in-text citations where applicable, conclusion slide and a reference slide.
- Use images (with citations) as appropriate to create an effective and professional presentation.
- Include short descriptions and labels. Do not write out full paragraphs of information on each slide.
- Talking points that would be presented to audience are included for each slide (as appropriate).
- Be free of industry jargon. Be mindful of your audience.
- Use APA style for all citations.
- Avoid plagiarism. Do not cut and paste directly from the source in the slides. Note: no more than 10% of your paper should be directly quoted from any outside source.
- Utilize a minimum of three reliable resources.
- Make certain that your presentation is free of grammar and spelling errors.
A special feature is available to help you with reviewing your Unit 6 Assignment for plagiarism. When you submit your Assignment to the Unit 6 Dropbox, your Assignment will automatically be analyzed by the plagiarism detection tool, Turnitin. Soon after you submit your Assignment, you will be able to view the Turnitin Originality Report. Originality Reports provide a summary of matching or highly similar text found in a submitted paper. When an Originality Report is available for viewing, an icon will appear in the report column of the Assignment Inbox. Originality Reports are only available in the InBox. For this reason, you will need to download the report prior to the grading of the Unit 6 Assignment. To do this, click on the print icon at the bottom of the Originality Report. This will prepare a readable, PDF version of the Originality Report that you can save to your computer.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support