Examine how different countries approach aging
Aging includes the cognitive, physical, and social-emotional changes that occur during late adulthood. Varying cultures take different approaches to aging. At the same time, individuals within these cultures and societies may have varied and distinctly personal views regarding aging. When addressing aging in late adulthood, one must also address death, dying, and bereavement. Religious and spiritual beliefs, gender, personality, and coping style can all impact an individual’s responses to and beliefs about death (Berk, 2014). Today, web-based virtual cemeteries are a new way for people to connect and grieve with each other, even when separated by distance. Nonetheless, varying cultures approach aging in many different ways.
For this Discussion, you will examine how different countries approach aging.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Consider how different countries approach aging. As you consider different countries, think about the following:
- Do older adults live with their children, or are they more likely to live in a nursing home?
- Are older adults seen as wise individuals to be respected and revered, or are they a burden to their family and to society?
- Next, select two different countries and compare and contrast their approaches to aging.
By Day 4
Post and identify each of the countries you selected. Then, explain two similarities and two differences in how the countries approach aging. Be specific and provide examples. Use your Learning Resources to support your post. Use proper APA format and citations.
By Day 6
Select one of your colleagues’ posts from which you learned something new and compare it to one of your countries’ approaches to aging.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting and answer any questions. Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of your colleagues’ comments.
To access your rubric:
Week 10 Discussion Rubric
Post by Day 4 and Respond by Day 6
To participate in this Discussion:
Week 10 Discussion
For this Final Project Assignment, you will complete a 6- to 8-page paper (including Parts 1 and 2)
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support