Budgetary Control and Responsibility Accounting
A solution to this problem to get a better understanding.
Malone Company estimates that 360,000 direct labor hours will be worked during the coming year 2010, in the Packaging Department. On this basis the following budget manufacturing overhead cost data are computed for the year.
Fixed Overhead costs Variable Overhead Costs
Supervision $ 90,000 Indirect labor $120,000
Depreciation 60,000 Indirect materials 90,000
Insurance 30,000 Repairs 54,000
Rent 24,000 Utilities 72,000
Property taxes 18,000 Lubricants 18,000
Fixed overhead costs Supervision $7,500, Deprecation $5,000, Insurance $2,470, Rent $2,000, and Property taxes $1,500.
Variable overhead costs: Indirect labor $10,360, Indirect materials, $6, 400, Repairs $4,000, Unities $5,700, and Lubricants $1,640.
(a) Prepare a monthly manufacturing overhead flexible budget for each increment of 3,000 direct labor hours over the relevant $1,640.
(b) Prepare a flexible budget report for October.
(c ) Comment on management’s efficiency in controlling manufacturing overhead costs in October.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support