Assessment 3 Critical Evaluation
The aim of this assignment is to critically evaluate a journal article. This will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to evaluate the quality and relevance of research so that you can make informed decisions about applying it to practice.
WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your essay and we will find the best writer for your paperWrite My Essay For Me
This assignment addresses the following course learning outcome/s:
- Examine the contribution of research to evidence-based practice;
- Evaluate the credibility of the information provided by research studies;
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the major elements of the research process that underpin translation to practice.
Task Description (Instructions):
For this task you need to write a 2000 word critical evaluation report. In your report you will critically evaluate a journal article and discuss its relevance to clinical nursing practice. Please see this below.
For this assignment you must use the ‘critical evaluation tool template’ (available in the Assessment 3 Folder in the site). This template directs you to the information that needs to be included in each section of your assignment. The template is only a guide and is not to be submitted.
In your report you should use the following headings below. Please note, suggested word numbers provided are only approximate.
- Introduction (200 words)
- Title and Abstract (100 words)
- Research Design (300 words)
- The Sample (150 words)
- Data Collection (300 words)
- Data Analysis (100 words)
- Results (200 words)
- Conclusion (150 words)
- Relevance to clinical nursing practice (500 words)
- You need to include a reference list (not included in word count).
Case Study – You need to write a report on the following journal article using the template provided.
Randomised Controlled Trial, Case Study
Bugden, S., Shean, K., Scott, M., Mihala, G., Clark, S., Johnstone, C., … Rickard, C. (2016). Skin glue reduces the failure rate of emergency department-inserted peripheral intravenous catheters: A randomized controlled trial. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 68, 196–201. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2015.11.026
What the study is about:
Peripheral intravenous catheters are the most commonly used medical invasive device in hospitals today and are frequently initiated in the emergency department. Peripheral intravenous catheter failure frequently occurs after 48 hours post insertion, suggesting that improvements in securement can be targeted at this timeframe. A novel approach for improved peripheral intravenous catheter fixation is the use of medical-grade skin glue (cyanoacrylate) at the insertion site. Skin glue has been reported to be effective for securing central venous, epidural, and peripheral arterial catheters, with improved fixation compared with standard polyurethane dressings.
- Always refer to the Griffith Health Writing and Referencing Guide.
- Ensure that you use scholarly literature1(digitised readings, research articles, relevant Government reports and text books) that have been published within the last 5
- Use academic language2
- You need to adhere strictly to the word limit. Refer to the Assignment Presentation Formatting Guidelines for more information about word limits.
- Submit your assignment via Turnitin as per the instructions in the Assessment Section of the Learning@Griffith course
Formatting and Submission
Please submit as ONE document including (in this order):
- Assignment Title Page with correct details
- Your report, appropriately formatted (font, line spacing, margins, page numbers, student number etc).
- Reference list on a separate sheet and appropriately formatted. This is not included in the word limit.
- Check and save a copy of your work.
- Submit your completed report via the appropriate Turnitin submission point on the course site as per the instructions on your
Assessment 3 Critical Evaluation
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support