After having reviewed and being impressed by your business impact analysis (BIA), senior management at Health Network has decided that your team must also develop a BCP. Management has allocated all funds for a BCP and your team has their full support, as well as permission to contact any of them directly for participation or inclusion in your BCP plan. You have been assigned to develop this new plan.
Winter storms on the East Coast have affected the ability of Health Network employees to reach the Arlington offices in a safe and timely manner. However, no BCP plan currently exists to address corporate operations. The Arlington office is the primary location for business units, such as Finance, Legal, and Customer Support. Some of the corporate systems, such as the payroll and accounting applications, are located only in the corporate offices. Each corporate location is able to access the other two, and remote virtual private network (VPN) exist between each Production data center and the corporate locations.
The corporate systems are not currently being backed up and should be addressed in the new plan. The BCP should also include some details regarding how the BCP will be tested.
You may refer to the following additional resources to help you and your team develop a BCP, and you may use a BCP template if found during your research.
To develop a comprehensive BCP for Health Network, the following steps should be taken:
- Conduct a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) – Before developing the BCP, it is essential to perform a BIA to identify critical business functions, the impact of downtime, and the potential for revenue loss. This analysis will provide a foundation for developing recovery strategies.
- Develop Recovery Strategies – Based on the results of the BIA, the team should develop strategies to recover critical business functions. The strategies should include offsite backup for critical systems, alternate processing methods, and remote access solutions.
- Create the BCP Document – The BCP document should detail the steps that will be taken to recover business functions in the event of an outage. It should include contact information for key personnel, alternate facility locations, recovery strategies, and a detailed communication plan.
- Test the BCP – The BCP should be tested regularly to ensure that it is effective and up-to-date. The tests should include both tabletop exercises and live simulations to…order customized answer
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- APPROVEDSCHOLARS Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using APPROVEDSCHOLARS.COM Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support